Large arms are the direct sign of a strong man and women love to wrap their hands around the man's big arms. Let's be honest, it's a big shift. Many men struggle over how to build big arms, even for men who raise their voices with little results.
I have read from users who got bigger weapons in very short time periods by applying 21s in their routine. I personally integrated the 21s into my routine and saw great results. Some even mentioned that the biceps grew so fast that they had stretch marks on their arms!
21s is not easy, you may cry when finished. Lactic acid is strong with this exercise and the burn will be enormous.
Table of Contents
What are 21s?
21s are a type of bicep curl that is usually performed using an EZ curl tape. 21 indicates the total number of performing representatives in a group. The actors are divided into 3 different movements, each movement has 7 reps. The first seven are carried out by moving from the bottom of the movement to the middle, the next seven moving from the middle to the top, and the last seven is a complete set of movement, from the bottom up.
Make sure you choose the weight you can lift correctly in this folder. Take your curl naturally and then reduce it by 25%. If you don't have an EZ curl, just use a dumbbell. You can use a straight strip, as long as you do not experience any pain in the wrist or forearm.
How to perform 21s
- Grab the bar with an underhand grip while standing.
- Your hands should be shoulder width apart on the strap.
- Allow your arms to hang towards the ground.
- The elbows should be placed in the sides of your body.
- Bring the curl 90 degrees at your elbow, halfway up.
- Bring your arms down and proceed with 6 other reps in this range.
- For the next seven actors, go from placing the 90-degree elbow to the top, near your shoulders, and then return halfway.
- Bring your arms down to full extension.
- For the final 7 rep curl in a full range, from the bottom up.
- Your arms should be on fire now.
Here is a video showing the 21s,
Why 21s build bigger weapons?
21s are effective because of increased muscle time under pressure which makes the pump amazing. Time under stress increases metabolic stress, an important factor for muscle building.
Perform 3 sets of 21s with only taking rest 1-2 minutes in-between. Use a mirror if you have it to make sure that your elbows are tucked close to the sides of your body. Do not let the elbows move by your side while performing the movements. If you incorporate 21 years into your current arm exercise, it's best to save it to the latter.